Wheatberries are a great staple and can be easily cooked ahead of time and frozen for quick and healthy meals.
To make this salad add the following ingredients to a bowl:
- 2 cups of cooked wheatberries, for information on how to cook wheatberries go here
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups of sliced cherry or grape tomatoes
- a container of bocconcini (a type of Italian mozzarella) pearls
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- 4 tablespoons of fresh basil
Toss the ingredients in a bowl and you have a salad that is good to go with dinner. If you are preparing this ahead of time mix everything except the basil and refrigerate. Add the basil before serving. Leftovers are also great for lunch the next day.