WithÂ Â Christmas fast approaching I decided to put together a list of ideas for the runner on your list. Â Here are some of my suggestions:
- Books are a great idea. There are many good books on running out there. Here is a list of suggestions I put together, some I have already read and others that I want to read. Â You could also get them a subscription to their favourite running magazine like Canadian Running or Runner’s World.
- Energy bars and gels make for great stocking stuffers since runners are always looking for carbs to fuel their runs. I like GU Roctane gels and Clif Bars. If you are looking to get them something different check out these new gel options made with maple syrup – Endurance Tap and Untapped.
- With winter approaching wamr gear is a must in many places now. If you know a runner like me who is often misplacing them gloves are a great option. You can find severalÂ options here.
- Injury prevention and recovery are very important for runners. I have the following items that have been very useful in helping me recover from long runs and precent injury – a foam roller, a Pro-Tec Roller Massager which is great for calf muscles and Â a Prostretch Plus which is useful for stretching tight hamstrings and calf muscles.
- Finally, if you are out of other ideas a race entry. Whether it is a local race or an out of town race in a location you want to visit a race entry would be appreciated by any runner on your list.
That is just a short list for now. i may add to it if I think of anything else to add as Christmas approaches.
What would be on your wishlist?