Tonight’s recipe is one that has become a favourite of my wife and I ever since we found sweet potato pancakes on the menu at a restaurant in Seattle’s Pike Place Market. It is a great meal to follow a long weekend run.
Here is the recipe we use:
- 3/4 pound sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Place sweet potatoes in boiling water and cook until tender but firm. Immerse in cold water to loosen skins. Drain, remove skins and mash.
- In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Mix mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, milk and butter in a separate medium bowl. Blend sweet potato mixture into the flour mixture to form a batter.
- Preheat a lightly greased griddle over medium-high heat.
In case you missed it, don’t forget about the book giveaway I posted last night.