Last year around this time I post a series of resolutions for 2013. I was successful in keeping up with most of them. Following that theme it is now time for my 2014 resolutions. Many of them carry over from last year but I have made some additions and updates. Here are my resolutions for 2014:
- Do regular yoga stretches .
- Keep up with the mobility and strength exercises my coach assigns me.
- Weekly speed intervals at the dome over the winter.
- Regular hill workouts.
- Get more sleep instead of staying up too late during the week.
- Have at least one vegetarian day per week.
- When the snow is gone, weekend runs with one of the girls in the Chariot.
- Kick off the racing season with the St Patrick’s Day 10 km in March.
- Run the Run for Reach half-marathon in April. I’ll add in my goal pace after discussing the plan with my coach.
- Stick to the running plan my coach assigns me.
- Match or surpass the amount I raised for the Ottawa Hospital last year as part of Ottawa Race Weekend.
- Learn from my 2013 marathons and get my Boston qualifying time (3:10) at the Ottawa Marathon in May.
- Help my wife plan meals so we have healthy food in the house.
What resolutions do you have for 2014?