It is time once again for another edition of Saturday Stories, a collection of some of my favourite stories and blog posts from the past week. As always, if you came across anything you feel is worthy of mention here feel free to post a link below.
Here are this weekâ€™s stories…
A post about recovery
Can being positive make you a better runner?
Here are tips on a strategy that helps me get in a lot of my mileage, run commuting.
Tonight I thought I would share a recipe I came up with myself, my choice of recovery smoothie after a hard run or strength workout.
It is pretty basic and simple to make but works for me. Our blender has been getting regular use since I started this training cycle.
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this. I use the following ingredients to make it:
– 1-1.5 cups of almond milk, vanilla or chocolate.
– a scoop of protein powder.
– 1 tsp of glutamine powder
– 1 tsp of pomegranate powder
– 1 tsp of cinnamon
– 1/2 cup of frozen berries – tonight I used mixed berries, strawberries are also a good option.