Tonight I thought I would share a recipe I came up with myself, my choice of recovery smoothie after a hard run or strength workout.
It is pretty basic and simple to make but works for me. Our blender has been getting regular use since I started this training cycle.
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this. I use the following ingredients to make it:
– 1-1.5 cups of almond milk, vanilla or chocolate.
– a scoop of protein powder.
– 1 tsp of glutamine powder
– 1 tsp of pomegranate powder
– 1 tsp of cinnamon
– 1/2 cup of frozen berries – tonight I used mixed berries, strawberries are also a good option.