Just a quick post today about the races I am planning on doing this year.
So far, I am planning on the following for this year:
- March 12 – St Patrick’s Day run – 10km
- April 10 – Minto Run for Reach 2011 – Half-Marathon – should I run this at my marathon pace or should I go all out and try to set a personal best at the distance? – my current best time in a half is 1:39:15 although I ran the first half of PEC in 1:37 in October so I know I can beat that time.
- April 17 – Ottawa Physio Race 10 km – can’t beat a race that starts three blocks from home.
- May 29 – Ottawa Marathon – my goal race for the year. I will be looking to beat the 3:22 I ran at PEC.
- August 20 – 5 Peaks Camp Fortune trail race.
- September 18 – hoping to be a pace bunny for this one again either in the 5 km or half-marathon.
I figure that should keep me going for the year. I may have to add a fall marathon to the schedule if things do not go as planned in May.
What are your race plans for 2011?