You have probably noticed Christmas wishlists for runners posted on other running blogs. With Christmas approaching I have decided to put together a wishlist to provide you with more ideas in case you are still looking to find a gift for a runner. Here are my suggestions:
- Race entries – you can surprise a runner by registering them for a race they are considering or even one they have not considered.
- With the winter running season upon us, runners can always use a jacket to keep them warm when they head out to run in the cold. I have two of these New Balance Competitor Half Zip tops and they keep me warm and I can wear an extra layer under them when it really gets cold. The Brooks Utopia Soft Shell also seems like a good option for runners looking to stay warm on cold days
- Gloves and hats are also essential for winter running. Here are examples of gloves and hats designed for winter running.
- BooksÂ – here is a short wishlist of books I put together.
- A foam rollerÂ – I bought one of these foam rollers a few years ago when I had an IT band problem and I have not had a problem since.
- Stocking Stuffer ideas – gels and energy/protein bars – I like Clif barsÂ and Clif Shots, lights for running in the dark – turtle lights from MECÂ or the USB LED light from Saucony.